Circadian in-house sleep surgeries provide consultations to develop personalised sleep programmes for employees. These can be tailored for adults experiencing insomnia, as well as mums and dads seeking support with children's sleep
Director of Digital Projects, GroupM
Global Commercial Manager, Motion Content Group
What are the cognitive and social effects at work when employees aren’t getting enough sleep?
Scientific research has shown that we can experience as much as a 40% reduction in ability to form new memories following a night of sleep deprivation.
Further studies exploring the most common behavioural consequences of poor sleep in a working population have found that sleep deprivation doesn't just affect memory consolidation and concentration at work the next day - it also impacts employees' mood, sense of wellbeing and social interactions with other colleagues, with employees feeling irritable, wanting to be left alone and being less mindful of their impact on others.
What are the challenges facing working parents?
- Ante/postnatal help is lacking in the public domain
- Few GPs/health visitors are specifically trained to advise on family sleep
- Many parents can't afford private help
- Busy working parents don't have time to read self-help books
- Many modern parents don't want to leave their child to cry-it-out, but don’t know alternatives
With her training in breastfeeding support and holistic approaches for adults and children, as well as background in primary school teaching, Katie provides effective sleep solutions that are tailored to parenting preferences and individual family circumstances, and mindful of children’s broader emotional, physical and developmental needs.
Sleep Surgery Coaching
- One-to-one 30 min consultations, offered in-house or as a video/phone call
- Pre-coaching questionnaire to assess and understand sleep challenges within the context of each individual's working and family life, and identify focus areas/personal goals
- Sleep theory education, discussion of potential solutions/timeframes and emotional support
- Bespoke 2-page follow-up plan with practical, actionable steps and holistic approaches to improve sleep and family wellness
- Helpful resources and factsheets
- Employees develop a face-to-face rapport with their sleep coach in a confidential setting
- Accessible to employees from all areas of the business at different levels
- Support is tailored to each individual and compliments other initiatives supporting parents returning to work
- Opportunity to review progress and build an ongoing dialogue when sleep surgeries are offered on a regular cycle throughout the year