Increase employee engagement, productivity and post-parental leave retention through educating and supporting your employees and working parents in achieving healthy sleep for the whole family
Head of People, Red Bull
The economic cost of insufficient sleep is colossal - it's estimated that tiredness and exhaustion costs the UK economy £40bn a year through reduced productivity and sickness absence.
With 1 million more working mothers now than 20 years ago and over 70% of families with both parents working, Circadian’s mission is to help corporate businesses and managers understand the value of fostering 'sleep health' in their working culture, and support their working parents in achieving their potential in line with those that don't have children.
Circadian business services provide integrative solutions for adult's and children's sleep that can be delivered as part of companies' wellness programmes and family-friendly initiatives.
Services for adults experiencing insomnia, expectant parents and those with children’s challenges from birth through to primary education include:
- engaging and practical group workshops
- webinars for employees on parental leave or those not office-based
- one-to-one holistic coaching sessions/regular sleep surgery drop-ins
- 'lunch & learn' talks
1 in 10 adults in the UK resort to sleeping pills or alcohol to help them sleep.
Sleeping pills are no longer considered a safe or appropriate treatment for chronic insomnia because they:
- can have serious side effects that far outweigh their benefits
- can have serious risks that increase morbidity and mortality
- are only moderately effective for insomnia and stop working over time
- undermine self-efficacy by strengthening the belief that the cure for insomnia comes from external factors
- can’t cure insomnia because they don't treat the underlying causes – insomnia will inevitably come back
Katie Fischer is a highly respected accredited adult and children's consultant within North London’s family networks and has built up a wealth of experience working with hundreds of clients each year to successfully resolve their sleep problems, boost family wellness and set expectant and new parents on the path to restful nights.
As well as guiding parents, Katie works with adults in all stages of their lives experiencing insomnia, using a highly successful combination of holistic strategies and behavioral change therapy to support better sleep health. She is certified with the Holistic Sleep Coach Program and the International Parenting & Health Institute, and is also certified by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs at Harvard Medicine School to deliver evidence-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I).
- A tailored holistic approach drawing on CBT-I that helps adults understand their sleep and insomnia better, and supports them in making manageable changes to daily routines, lifestyle choices, mindset, habitual patterns of behaviour and environments, that can lead to better quality sleep
- Effective, family-centred support and research-based solutions for infants and children that protect secure attachment, whatever families' goals are
- Accessing evidence-based adult sleep education for poor sleep patterns and insomnia, or getting timely help with resolving children's issues when they arise, improves employees' long-term sleep health and mood, and consequently their ability to function and manage busy working lives
Circadian Coaching services - benefits for employers
- Good sleep health enables employees to reach their potential for productivity and engagement at work
- Workplace coaching is a tangible investment to counteract company revenue lost to insufficient sleep
- Post-parental leave retention increases when mums and dads are supported in achieving a sustainable, happy work-life balance